Calendar of Events
State Park Activities
• Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park Day Use Parking lots one and two are open for picnic areas.
OPEN TRAILS: Gorge, Mount Manuel, Buzzard's Roost, Valley View, Liewald Flats, Redwood Deck, Nature Trail, River Path and Warden’s Path.
CLOSED TRAILS: Pfeiffer Falls and the Pine Ridge trails.
Campfire Program begins Memorial Day weekend.
• Andrew Molera State Park is open to the beach via the Creamary Meadow Trail.
• Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park April 4, 2019: Due to severe storm damage to the park's entrance station and restroom, Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park will be closed until further notice. The McWay waterfall can still be seen from the pullout just north of the park entrance on Highway 1 near mile marker 36.2. Please check the website periodically for updates.
For more details, please visit our press release: https://www.parks.ca.gov/NewsRelease/876.
CLOSED TRAILS: Ewoldsen, Tanbark, Waters and the Tinhouse Fire Road trails.
• Garrapata State Park Trails west of Highway 1 are open. Soberanes Canyon Trail is partially open. It will be open exclusively from the main, gated trailhead across from Gate 8 of the Garrapata coastal trail. Hikers will be able to proceed to the back of the canyon along the 1.25 mile length of the trail. It will be an out and back hike since the Rocky Ridge portion of the trail will remain closed due to hazardous conditions.
• Pfeiffer Beach is open.
• Point Sur Lightstation is closed for repair.
Resonance. It's what happens when something moves at its natural frequency.
From the age of 7 Radhika received voice coaching, through a distance-learning course, from a Grammy Award winning singer and artist. She picked up the material at Chapter 5 and carried on through her school years and then as a physics undergrad. After some time as a lawyer in the City, she inevitably found her way onto a stage with a guitar, and Resonance emerged on the London music scene.
Resonance has played at San Francisco's Make Out Room, appeared on Stanford's KZSU radio, headlined East London's Pit Festival, supported charity fundraisers at the Fiddlers in Camden, appeared at an underground musicians' collective in Paris, and played on stages in Italy, Australia and Singapore.
Moshe Vilozny with guests Dave Holodiloff and James Henry
Moshe Vilozny was born in Portland Oregon and raised in Santa Cruz California; spending summers in Israel and winters throughout Latin America. Moshe incorporates his life experiences into original songs steeped in American Roots Music and sprinkled with influences from his travels around the globe.
Moshe has been writing, performing and recording original songs since high school, where he found he could make more $ and have more fun busking downtown and playing in coffee shops than he could pumping gas at the local station.
Damn the Witch Siren
Damn the Witch Siren is the premiere electronic act in Columbus, Ohio. Dubbing their music “Witch Rock”, the duo has made a name for themselves with their catchy, clubby music and their wild live performances that showcase Bobbi Kitten’s sultry prowess as a front woman. Their live show is a hybrid of pop and punk rock with synchronized lights and fog machines while the duo frantically pound multiple instruments and layer lush synth-scapes on top of one another.
In February of 2018, they released their full-length album Red Magic which was their best received and most cohesive album yet. It’s a concept album about feminism, sex, lust, love, setting fire to the patriarchy, and Bobbi’s journey of self-discovery and owning her sexuality.
They recently went on a 15-date tour of the midwest and east coast and have been booking frequent shows throughout the region the past year. For more information, visit www.damnthewitchsiren.com
Digisaurus is the electronic synthpop/rock moniker of artist and producer, James Allison. Born in London, England, Allison has played music for most of his life, but focused his skills when he opened the recording studio, Electraplay, in Columbus, Ohio. At Electraplay, Allison collaborated in sessions with numerous acts like Phantogram, Maps and Atlases, and Ezra Furman. Electraplay quickly built a reputation as a recording hub in Columbus and gave Allison the opportunity to collaborate with a wealth of talent. While reaching various levels of success with bands, Allison started to get the itch to step out of a complementary role and start his own project. Digisaurus was born.
(((folkYEAH!))) Presents YO LA TENGO Camping Weekend In Big Sur
Yo La Tengo, Kevin Morby, Purple Mountains, Lia Ices + more...
Rooms & Cabin Packages On Sale 7/11 @ HIGH NOON Call Fernwood 831.667.2422