Calendar of Events
State Park Activities
STATE PARKS INFORMATION
• Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park is open. Day Use Parking lots one and two are open for picnic areas. The Warden's Path, River Path, Nature Trail, and Liewald Flat trails are open. Pfeiffer Falls/Valley View, Buzzard's Roost, Oak Grove Trail, Mount Manual Trail and the Big Sur Gorge remain CLOSED due to fire and flood damages. Please respect park closures and stay out of these areas for your own safety.
• Andrew Molera State Park is closed until further notice due to flooding from recent heavy rains. The parking lot at Andrew Molera State Park is being used for shuttle service to the bypass trail at Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park.
• Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park is closed until further notice..
• Garrapata State Park is open west of Highway 1. Hiking trails and the rest of the park east of Highway 1 remain closed until further notice.
• Pfeiffer Beach is closed until further notice due to flooding and road damage.
• Point Sur Lightstation is open.
State Park Activities
*Park Day use fees apply for nature walks and activities.
Please note the Ernst Ewoldsen Nature Center at Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park on the Warden's Path is now open Friday-Sunday from 10 am – 2 pm, come discover what lives here.
All programs meet at the Campfire Center.
Friday, July 21st
"Movie Night: Saving Otter 501"
Join us for a one hour film sharing the story of Monterey Bay Aquarium's 501st attempt to save an orphan otter. Follow Otter 501 as she learns how to dive, hunt, eat and fend for herself in the wild, where survival is a long shot at best.TV-PG
Saturday, July 22nd
"Movie Night: The Best of Big Blue Live"
Big Blue Live celebrates a wildlife success story and marine animal phenomenon in Monterey Bay, California. This is a one-hour film.
Friday, July 28th
"Movie Night: Hummingbirds: magic in the air"
Join us for a one hour film celebrating the tiniest of birds. Stunningly beautiful high-definition, high-speed footage of hummingbirds in the wild help us understand their world as we never have before.
Saturday, July 29th
JUNIOR RANGERS– OTTERS (children ages 7-12 only)
Meet Park Interpreter Sara for one hour of fun discovering Sea Otters and why they are so different from other marine mammal species. Make a sea otter puppet.
Ranger Cubs: CLOUDS (ages 6 and under)
Children and parents join Park Interpreter Sara for a half hour of fun. Hear stories about clouds and make your own cloud art.
Campfire Program "Fire, Sildes and Floods,Oh My"
Get a glimpse into the last 11 months in Big Sur State Parks. Life on this rugged coastline can be difficult in the face of disaster. Learn why so many areas are closed and see park staff footage of nature in action.
Thank you for visiting Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park. Please be patient as we work to re-open areas of the park after the Soberanes Fire and winter storm damage. Buzzards Roost, Pfeiffer Falls, Valley View, Mount Manual and the Big Sur Gorge remain closed due to damages. For the latest information visit the Big Sur Station or Park Entrance kiosk. Please stay out of all closed areas and watch for falling rocks and trees in these zones.
POINT SUR LIGHTSTATION STATE HISTORIC PARK TOURS
"Walking Tour into the Past" Volunteer led, three-hour walking tour on paved road. The walk is less than a mile but with a rise in elevation of 300'. Meet along the West Side of Highway 1, ¼ mile north of Pt. Sur Naval facility. Arrive early. Tour size limited.
(September through March):
Saturdays and Sundays : 10:00 AM
Wednesdays: 1:00 PM
(April through August)
Saturdays and Sundays: 2:00 PM
Wednesdays: 1:00 PM
Ages 6-17: $5.00
Age 5 and under: free.
Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover accepted
Monday, August 7; 7:15 PM
Tuesday, August 8; 7:15 PM
Tuesday, September 5; 6:30 PM
Wednesday, September 6; 6:30 PM
Tom Lis Trio
Milky Way Sound Patrol
The Get Down
Hello,Dollface. a multi-dimensional, cosmic soul collective flirting with a kaleidescope of color and sound in a collision of space & time. Ethereal, electro-sensual, sophisticated, raw, and intentional, the band paints the spirit world in Dali soundscapes layered in through-composed forms, rainbow rhodes, varied meters, jazz sensibility, and a siren's call in a shifting paradigm.
Songs Hotbox Harry Taught Us
The Carolyn Sills Combo
Post Street Rhythm Peddlers